Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"I Support Melba" Derek Randles speaks the truth on Kutchum!





A friend and researcher asked me not very long ago which camp, IMO should he join, the Melba camp, or the anti Melba camp. I gave him the short answer, but I'd like to share the long answer here. As of late, the BF research community has become very divided, and both sides are very passionate about their cause, or side they've chosen. There are argue points that relate to what I'm about to say, but this is how I feel. Melba Ketchum took on this study five years ago. At that time she didn't know all the players in the Bigfoot world, and had no idea what she was getting herself into. To say this has been hard on her would be a huge understatement. It has absolutely affected her life. Some have come at her with much anger and malice, all the while she's kept her focus on the study, even in the very ugly face of rudeness, and the harsh face of skepticism. The study she's devoted her life to for the last five years is historic and ground breaking. There's nothing easy about it. With the crap she's taken so far, I know most people would have given up and walked away, yet she's still here. I admire and respect her greatly. As a Bigfoot researcher for almost three decades now, I'm thrilled that someone has stepped up and tried as hard as she has to help provide species recognition and advocate for protection. I've been in close contact with Melba now for years, and I know here intentions and motivations are true. There are many rumors, and so-called leaks that pop-up now on a daily basis. My advise to anybody that cares to listen is, let her science speak for itself. Please try not to judge the study before it's released. We at the Olympic Project have 38 samples in this study, so obviously we have the highest of hopes, but I can honestly say that even if we had none, she would still have our full support because she has stepped up and tried to make this happen to gain knowledge and better our research.
Thank you Melba. Derek Randles.

No comments: