Friday, May 24, 2013

I felt the need to address these comments by Robert Lindsay, who has been a supporter of my story in spite of our personal differences


  •  Robert's Post

    "Dyer’s inside team is abandoning him. We touched in my last post, but it has been expanding since then. More and more insiders are bailing out. Some of the ones who are leaving say they are afraid of Rick. And more and more of Dyer’s followers are attacking his style and personality. People are saying that is nuts, crazy, a jerk, has a terrible personality, etc. Formerly, Rick’s followers all acted like Rick was the greatest thing on Earth.

     However, most of those leaving are not accusing Rick of hoaxing. They are just bailing out on what looks like a ship of fools that is sinking fast. Rick continues to host his radio shows, but as Noel notes, few are listening anymore. And Rick seems to be getting nuttier and nuttier, waging incessant war on the “haters.” This war seems to be consuming almost all of his time now."

    I felt the need to address these comments by Robert Lindsay, who has been a supporter of my story in spite of our personal differences. Before anyone left or was dismissed from Team Tracker, there were 23 members including myself and my wife. Since then, we have lost eight of those members (three were part of the same family). Two of those eight left on their own, and the others were dismissed for various reasons that are typical for any organization like ours...not playing well with others, giving ultimatums, and so on.

    There are five new members of Team Tracker, and each of them was selected with more care than I chose the ones who I later had to dismiss. Everyone on Team Tracker brings a unique skill and perspective to the group, and we have members representing all corners of the world. None of the former members of Team Tracker was ever an "insider," and I resent the description of my group as a "Ship of Fools." We have extremely smart and talented people on the team, and just as Robert Lindsay has arrived at his belief in my story based on careful research and reflection, so have the members of my team. They may be regarded as fools by the haters, but anyone who believes I shot a Bigfoot should see them as thoughtful, like-minded individuals.

    As Mr. Lindsay states, people who leave Team Tracker do not claim that this is a hoax, unless they never believed in my story at all. And as Mr. Noel suggests, transitions within a team such as mine would certainly cause a hoax to start becoming apparent. On the contrary, my story has become more and more solid with the publication of my book, "I Shot Bigfoot," in which I put into writing such specific story elements as Morgan Matthews' involvement. If I were hoaxing, I would never expose myself to such easy public contradiction.

    As for the use of private Facebook messages to stir controversy where none exists, I remind everyone that Team Tracker has a zero-tolerance policy toward any electronic messages that are shared outside of the original conversation. We simply refuse to even review any of them, as it has been shown that all messages can be easily faked, either through computer skills or special online software, and such "messages" are always provided by individuals who intend to cause pain or harm to others. Besides, we know each other very well on Team Tracker, and our own interactions provide the only clues necessary to assess the character of one another. On that subject, I am completely at peace.

No comments: