|By Frank Cali Vice President Team Tracker|
I'm sure you all love scary movies. Especially when they feature Bigfoot in them. Now there's a good time had by all. The more scary stuff the better. True, most of these horror flicks never live up to the hype from the movie company's. The movie trailers are edited to a slick what they call 'fast cuts' to try and show you all the action of the movie in a conventional 30 or 60 seconds on the screen or TV commercial. But, how many people really pay much attention? A TV commercial is when you run to the fridge or bathroom or turn the channel.
The films other "star" was Barry Williams of "The Brady Bunch." Somebody had this blockbuster idea of putting the Partridge Family AND The Brady Bunch kids in a Bigfoot movie ! I'd love to sit in on some writer as he pitches this lemon to a movie studio or a TV network and they give the idea the green light. Oh my, oh my!
Ok, let's face it. If you didn't like these scary movies, you would not be reading this would you? So, go ahead and enjoy the film. I won't tell anybody. We all love Bigfoot. We really do. But what these films needs are a good story line also. They can't just scare people for 90 minutes can they? They always have these sub-plots that have little or nothing to do with the main plot. Everytime the 'monster' scares someone, they cut to a couple doing something that has nothing to do with that film or any other. The SyFy Channel is really guilty of this. Remember, It's called The Motion Picture Industry. That's right! It's a business venture to make money. Whatever the people will sit through. Whatever the people will PAY for is what they are after. On TV it's all about ratings. The more ratings you get. The more money you can charge on the next rate cards.
Well, you know it's Friday the 13th. I am sure there are lots of scary movies on TV tonight. Maybe if your lucky, there might even be one playing at a movie theater near you. Grab yourself one of those $50.00 a box popcorn goodies. get a large drink for 10 bucks and away you go.
How many of you have gone to one of these movies and have experienced the following:
1. The couple who talk though the entire movie
2. The guy who sits in back of your and keeps kicking your seat
3. The fighting guy and girl
4. The ones who keep talking and telling the other person the plot to the movie and what's going to happen next.
5. The movie breaks and no one is in the projector room to fix it
6. The guy (sometimes woman) who falls asleep next to you or in back of you and snores during the entire movie
7. The person who spills soda all over you when they are getting up
8. The dude who's taller than you and sits right in front of you blocking the screen
9. Getting you shoe caught in a wad of gum big enough to put siding on a house with
10. The crying baby
If you experienced at least 'some' of these things. Your better off staying home
If you do have some fun. Please shoot off a flare. I'll be watching the sky's. Happy weekend