Monday, July 1, 2013

"I Saw The Minnesota Ice Man"

 
by Frank Cali Vice President Team Tracker

 

I remember it like it was yesterday. A small carnival came in my little hamlet in Pennsylvania when I was about 10 or 11 years old. It was during the summer time and the carnival was only a small attraction. It had the typical attractions, the fire eater, jugglers, some rides and the people who worked for it looked tired and unclean to me.

One of the attractions had this creature in a glass case in a trailer. It was "The Minnesota Ice Man". not very many people went into view it at the time I was there. I went in and saw the "thing". It was right there under a glass case. To me, it looked like it was fake...rubber type body, the glass was even a bit dirty.

I never thought about it much again until the new story of it being sold on eBay.

Now the body has resurfaced and it is scheduled to go on display for the Fourth of July weekend at the Museum of the Weird in Austin, Texas. Will fascination in the creature rekindle? Back in the 1960's, it was the subject of books, TV shows and allegedly the Smithsonian and the FBI were interested in the hairy mystery beast.

Do I think it is a Bigfoot? Could it be a possible relative of one? I don't have any idea. Remember what I saw all those years ago looked fake to me.

No comments: