Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bigfoot in Oregon? Strange sounds come from swamp on Umatilla Indian Reservation

Bigfoot in Oregon? Strange sounds come from swamp on Umatilla Indian Reservation

The Oregonian says: "The eerie late-night serenades began in November ... The cries range from high-pitched screams to basso profundo roars. ... ' It's kind of spooky ... Some say it's foxes, some say it's a female coyote and some say it's Sasquatch.' ... 'It was no noise I've ever heard before ... It was like barroom brawls and laughter.'" Eric says: Forget bigfoot, I'm more interested in this poor person who has never before heard the joyful sounds of children's laughter or barroom brawls.

Woman who fails driving test tries to run over instructor

19 Action News (Ohio) says: "The woman failed her test
after she hit a cone. The instructor said the woman kept yelling, 'Why didn't you tell me what I was doing? Where else can I take my test?' She then blamed the mistake on her instructor. When the instructor got out of the car, the woman tried to run her over. The instructor barely got out of the way." Eric says: I believe you only get your I-75 Death Race extra credit if you're a good enough driver to actually hit what you're aiming for.

Dung beetles navigate by the stars

Popular Science says: "Researchers placed African ball-rolling dung beetles in a planetarium, and found they could navigate just as easily with only the Milky Way visible as with a full starlit sky. Under overcast conditions, the beetles lost their way. ... Birds and seals have also been known to use the stars for navigation, but this is the first time insects have been found to use them for the same purpose." Eric says: I am no astronomer, but I would have guessed dung beetles would navigate by the glow of Uranus.

No comments: